International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP)
- Created in 1960
- The leading multinational, apolitical organization in Information & Communications Technologies and Sciences
- Recognized by United Nations and other world bodies
- Represents IT Societies from 56 countries/regions, covering five continents
- Total membership of over 350 000 computer scientists
- Over 100 Working Groups organized in 13 Technical Committees
A short movie about IFIP: [MOV]
World Computer Congress (WCC) in the Past
The first WCC took place in 1959 in Paris. Subsequent Congresses were held every 3 years, except 1992 – 2012, when they were organized every 2nd year. WCC was organized 2 times in Asia, 3 times in Australia, 4 times - in America (North & South), and 13 times in Europe.
The most recent WCCs were held in:
- Canada (2002),
- France (2004),
- Chile (2006),
- Italy (2008),
- Australia (2010),
- the Netherlands (2012),
- Korea (2015).
WCC 2018 has started!