Recent advances in Computer Science, on the one hand, and Information Technologies, on the other hand, call for closer cooperation between academia and industry. With the IT Research Workshop, we aim at bringing together the top university and industry researchers and exploit the potential of cooperation, which at the moment is definitely underexploited. We expect the workshop to improve the competitive advantage of participating businesses and to offer interesting areas of applied research for the academics. The planned program of the Workshop includes:
- Keynote lectures by leading researchers from industry, including representatives of IBM Poland, Intel Technology Poland, Roche Global IT Solutions, and Social Quant
- Keynote lectures by leading researchers from academia, partnered by Future Processing
- Regular talks and poster presentations
- Panel discussion on academia-industry cooperation in IT research
- Pre-workshop pairing of people from business and academia
- Dinner for workshop participants, co-located with a networking session, organized in a partnership with Intel Technology Poland
You are invited to come to this unique event that bridges the academic and business worlds and to consider submitting a contribution on topics that include but are not limited to:
The prospective presenters are invited to submit extended abstracts, 1-2 pages long (including references), by sending them in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31th. The authors of selected submissions will be invited to submit a full-length paper to Foundations of Computing and Decision Sciences (de Gruyter).
The workshop will be held as a part of the IFIP World Computer Congress (WCC) 2018 organized by the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP), Faculty of Computing, Committee on Informatics of Polish Academy of Sciences, and Polish Information Processing Society (PTI) Wielkopolska Branch. The congress, with expected 1000 participants, combines contributions from industry and research, providing a place for integrating these two sectors as well as offering an opportunity to showcase and discover innovative ideas.
Workshop participants and presenters are expected to register for two days of WCC (early-bird €300 for presenters, €330 for participants – see http://wcc2018.org/registration for details).